Sunday, February 10, 2008

Digging Deep

This morning has been a blast. My wife had the opportunity to nap while I watched the little guy. We played with some giant stuffed dinosaurs that were a gift from g'ma and g'pa. He's sitting up now, and would just go nuts tipping all over the place trying to tackle and eat the dinosaurs.

Also this am:

Another prize from the "all records except polka" stash:

The Shangoons: Jungle Drums


Photobucket

It's got a pretty nasty gash across side 1 from label to edge, but there's nothing audible until the last track. I guess I'll just miss out on "the lion sleeps tonight" which is a shame, but it's the only track on the whole album that I knew before hand.

The rest is a total gem. I realy like this record!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Minneapolis represent!

Saw your post on DIYAudio in the headphone thread and thought I'd follow the trail of breadcrumbs that your profile left.

So I'm here to say:
- DAMN YOUR EYES, and all those of everyone who went to that turntableism show the other week without me! FIE. One of my best friends also went. Did he say anything to me? NooooOOOOooo. BAH! But if that you-tube hint you dropped in your post turns out I might fogive you.
- I have also played the album cover = wiki + photo + quote game. Now all my mix CDs have a much higher production value.
- I would have emailed you, but you're not set up on DIYAudio to receive.
- Good job with the offspring. His 'don't hurt me i'm cute' biological defenses are firing on all cylinders.

DIYAudio Minneapolis!

d to the g said...

Adam,

Thanks for all the kind words! You're not set up for mail either, but if you're free you should check out the audio society of minnesota's next meeting. I see you're the same age as me... that would make us the two youngest there by at least 10 years. Seems like there's quite a mpls presence on that board, a meet up may be in order!