Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Coffee

Thus far I've blogged about my job, my family, and my obsession with audio equipment. I haven't really talked about coffee. Why would I talk about coffee? I might mention the closet and drawers full of unroasted green coffee... probably in the neighborhood of 60 lbs. I might also mention that the coffee area in our kitchen is a mess of chaff and grounds, with the homemade table it rests on a mosaic of brown stains.

Instead I'll focus on how amazing it is to wake up and press a button on my grinder, producing scents that makes folgers smell like poop (cus it is). I brew my fresh ground coffee in the newco ocs system (stainless), and drink from the marimekko (keisanrinkruunu) cups my wife gave to me for our (twas our second) anniversary.

I can close my eyes, and while Adrian eats his cheerios, I live in a magical land were bright floral flavors and lingering apple aftertastes are the stuff of realty.

Todays drink: La Manita Tarrazu, distributed by No Quarter Coffee to the GCBC.

this afternoon I'll be enjoying a Honduran courtesy of Sweet Marias.

Do you understand? No matter what else is going on, at least the coffee can be good.

2 comments:

littlecindy said...

ahhh...i love that last paragraph. so true.

except it's coffee with cream.... ;)

littlecindy said...

btw....your blog following want photos. photos. photos.

you should photograph those green beans and then when they're roasted. and your notes on their taste.