Sunday, April 27, 2008

The night before the day

So yeah. I've spent the last month holed up in an office overlooking what may be the ugliest building on the University of Minnesota campus (yes, that would be the civil engineering building). I get in around 9 am and have been staying until 8:30 at night. It would be lying if I said I spent ALL that time working, but I feel like I've done everything to prepare for tomorrow.

Tomorrow. My "prelimenary" oral exam. If I pass, I become a Ph.D. candidate. If I fail I could retake the exam in a few months, but most likely I'll just get my MS and a job. I'm way past the part where I care if pass or fail, just knowing that I've done everything I can up to this point.

No matter what happens, I'll be spending Tuesday with Adrian. I'm starting to think he doesn't know who I am anymore.

I'll try and update sometime soon as to the result.

Oh yeah... Summer is here and there are some serious stereo projects in development. Up next is rewiring my pass pearl, followed shortly by the assembly of an aleph mini.

Also in the works: new speakers (Adam, I promise I'll get in touch next week), and a headphone system for the office. I'm looking forward to good sounds in 08.

No comments: